Breaking
Loading...

Test Footer 1

Home » , , » Cervantes, Ilocos Sur via Motorbike in 6 hours

Cervantes, Ilocos Sur via Motorbike in 6 hours



Me and my brother up above the highest point of any highway system in Ilocos!

I must say that Cervantes in the province of Ilocos Sur is my most favorite cycling destination (whether bicycle or a motorcycle) because of it's great beauty!

The town of Cervantes is considered to be the last frontier of the province of Ilocos Sur because it is located at the eastermost part of the province.

Finally, we reached Cervantes! The last town of Ilocos Sur, Yepeee!!!




The Cervantes town center, at a crossroad leading you to Quirino town and 3 more provinces in Cordillera. Choose where to go!

The town is the crossroad for 4 provinces and 3 of them are from the Cordilleras - Abra, Benguet and Mountain Province.

Of course, the motorbike that we used is Honda Beat. Honda Beat is very competitive on the road. It goes so smooth with efficient engine, we spent around 230 pesos for our gasoline which is way cheaper compared when commuting.



Amazing! There are pine forests in Cervantes!

My brother and I were surprised with what we saw. It was a stunning mountain road filled with free falling waterfalls and pine forests.

The 6-hour butt-numbing motorcycle ride was really worth it and the beautiful sceneries we were seeing were just non-stop as we continued to go higher to the mountains.

I was also surprised that the automatic Honda beat can manage this challenging motorcycling route. We did not encounter any problem and everything just went smooth and clean.



I was taking a nap with the pine trees. The air was freezing cold, I swear!

This motorcycle ride to Cervantes was just epic. There was no convoy - only me and my bro in one motorbike. It feels like we were the owner of the road because it was empty. We were the only people traversing that road although we saw one ambulance and two passenger vans along the way for a span of 3 hours on that mountain trail.

I never heard anyone doing a motorcycle ride to Cervantes without a "group" so if you know someone, let me know. All I know is that we were the only tandem, or one of the few if there are some, who have reached Cervantes in one motorcycle all the way from Vigan!



My brother on a point where we can see the lowlands of Cervantes

We reached Cervantes safely and bravely. If you are from Ilocos Sur, you'll be aware that going to Cervantes using a motorcycle is dangerous and we proved them right.

Yes, there were threats of falling rocks and landslides but I must say the "worth" of the ride outweighs the danger.



Notice the green plastic bag there, that is a container filled with gasoline.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. OddThemes - All Rights Reserved